Life Changing success stories. Click Here to read.
Download a free vision therapy guide
Looking for a Speaker For your Next Event?
About Our Doctors
Click here to see our doctors.
Change Your Child's Life with Vision Therapy
Drs. Davis & Carlyle Helping Those Suffering from Vision Disorders and Low Vision
It's an all-too familiar picture:
- A student unable to stay with a homework assignment more than fifteen minutes at a time.
- Parents at their wits' end because twenty-minute homework assignments take two hours (or longer) amidst many tears and much agony.
- Homework time becomes a battleground.
- A young person who is bright and perceptive and highly conversational, and yet cannot conquer any area that requires reading or close work such as art and drawing
- An educational system that labels an otherwise bright child as a "non-reader" or a "low-achiever."
- Eyesight beginning to form "fuzzy edges."
- Walls of blurriness on one side or the other of your vision.
- A "hole" in the center of your vision.
Many who read this list will relate, but will have absolutely no idea that there is help available for each of these problems. Several vision problems can be diagnosed through each of the symptoms, with all but the last three being signs of disorders dealing with the neurological communication between the eye and the brain. Those last three are signs that you are in need of a low vision specialist.
How We Can Help
Did you know that ADHD and ADD have many symptoms in common with several vision disorders? If you have tried glasses and ADHD medication alike and seen no improvement in your child, vision therapy from Drs. Davis and Carlyle may be the answer.
We recognize that while many of these symptoms appear to be related to ADD, poor behavior, or learning problems, in actuality a vision problem, such as convergence insufficiency or amblyopia, could be the culprit.
The answer to such vision disorders is vision therapy, and nobody in Virginia does it better than Drs. Davis and Carlyle. With over 30 years of experience, Drs. Davis and Carlyle provide hope for children and adults by providing the answers and solutions to all of the difficulties and symptoms related to a vision disorder.
Low Vision Specialist Available
If you suffer from macular degeneration or other similar vision impairments, Dr. Amy Carlyle is available to help you get your life back. There are numerous tools available for the vision impaired; let Dr. Carlyle share her expertise regarding the devices best suited to help your specific visual condition, as well as training in their proper use. She has worked with all manner of different low vision patients, both young and old, and is eager to use this expertise to help you.
If you or your child suffers from a vision disorder or low vision, Dr. Tod Davis & Dr. Carlyle are here to help you get your life back under control.
Achievement starts with visual health: Call us today to get started.
Tod R. Davis OD, FCOVD
Amy E. Carlyle OD, FAAO
Greg Johnson, O.D.
COVT, Chief Vision Therapist
COVT, Chief Vision Therapist and Community Outreach
Vision Therapist and Lead
Vision Therapist and Lead