Dr. Amy (Warren) Carlyle, started her optometric career with a one-year residency in ocular disease at Capital Eye consultants in Fairfax, VA. This intensive training program gave her the skills and comfort level to manage a wide variety of eye diseases. Dr. Carlyle then chose to specialize in the examination of partially sighted individuals and has been certified as a Low Vision Examiner by the Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired (DBVI). In addition to onsite training and almost 15 years of experience in private practice, Dr. Carlyle has completed an intense education program in Vision Therapy and Vision Dysfunction given by the Optometric Extension Program. She enjoys working with children 6 months and up and participates in the AOA’s InfantSee Program. Outside of optometry, she has been a children’s volunteer in her church and local public schools for many years. She is a fan of outdoor recreation and met her love of a husband playing on a local co-ed softball team. God has given them four wonderful young children, so they have no problem staying active! A native of the New Jersey Shore and a beach bum at heart, Dr. Carlyle is blessed to be settled here in Virginia and have the opportunity to work alongside Drs. Davis and Johnson in caring for the eye care needs of both children and adults.
Education & Honors:
- Fellow, American Academy of Optometry. 2000.
- O.D. New England College of Optometry. Boston, Mass. 1997.
- B.S. Honors Program, University of Miami. Miami, Fla.
- Member, NeuroOptometric Rehabilitation Association (NORA)
- Member, College of Optometry and Vision Development (COVD)
- Member, Optometric Extension Program
- Member, American (AOA), Virginia (VOA) and Battlefield Optometric Associations